Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Lens
- EF-S Mount Lens
The EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Lens from Canon is a very versatile zoom lens with a 35mm focal length equivalence of 24-136mm optimized for APS-C format DSLR cameras. Measuring just 3.5" in length and weighing about 1.25 lb, the lens boasts a convenient wide angle to telephoto focal length in an easy to carry form factor.
Aspherical and UD-glass lens elements minimize aberrations and contribute to the lens' impressive imaging quality throughout its zoom range. Optical Image Stabilization provides the equivalent effect of four shutter speed stops for clear imaging in low light situations. An ultrasonic autofocus motor (USM) brings with it fast, smooth and quiet AF action, which is crucial when shooting HD video and manual focus override allows manual focus precision even in AF mode.
- Wide Focal Range
- With 84° to 18° angle-of-view, the Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Lens offers excellent wide angle to telephoto focal lengths with Canon APS-C EOS Digital SLRs. Its 35mm focal length equivalence is 24-136mm.
- Lightweight and Compact Design
- Measuring just under 4" in length and weighing about 1.25 lb, the lens is easy-on-the-shoulder while maintaining a convenient range of optical choices when composing still or video imagery.
- Optical Image Stabilization
- Canon's Image Stabilization system allows you to shoot sharp images with a 4-stop advantage under less-than-optimum lighting conditions.
- Ultra Sonic Motor (USM)
- Canon's Ultra Sonic Motor (USM) technology provides fast and quiet focus control with on-demand manual override when shooting in AF mode.
- Circular Diaphragm
- A truly circular diaphragmnables pleasing out-of-focus backgrounds.